Highly Anticipated 2012 Releases

Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 294
Release Date: May 1, 2009


I read this book just recently, and I absolutely adored it!

I am seriously a fairy (faerie?) person!

and this book just charmed me to death!

Before I get ahead of myself, let me share a summary with you (from Aprilynne's Website):

Laurel discovers she is a faerie, sent among humans to protect the gateway to Avalon. Thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to each world. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

This is definitely true about this book. 

This book is full of magic, excitement, romance, and the "adorable" factor.
I absolutely adored this book.

It definitely challenged my view of faeries. This book was definitely unique. I have read about faeries before, but Aprilynne took the concept and turned it into something completely new and refreshing! (Bravo, Aprilynne!)
While this book didn't have too much depth, you can tell that it was building up for the next book in the series, Spells. And for that role, it portrays the story quite well. It definitely left me longing to read the next book right away! (I had to go out and purchase it quickly!)

You can definitely sense the beginnings of a love triangle, and who isn't a sucker for those?
It definitely will leave readers fighting for "David" or "Tamani."

But either way, I loved them both. I thought this book was an adorable read. Even though the plot may have been able to use a little more development (it can be slow at times), the idea was so original, it definitely held my interest.
For that, I would definitely recommend this book.

Aprilynne has done a phenomenal job!

Therefore, I would say that this book has....

a Wickedly Sweet twist, 
Wickedly sweet magic (I just LOVE faeries!),
a beautifully, wickedly sweet cover (Isn't it just fabulous?), 
and one 



love triangle!

I would definitely give this book 5/5 wickedly sweet cupcakes!


Make sure that you pick up both Wings and Spells.....and even Illusions (which comes out in another day!) all at the same time, because you'll want to read them one right after the other!


(Released Tuesday, May 3, 2011)




Happy Reading!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment