Highly Anticipated 2012 Releases

Monday, May 2, 2011

Captivating Covers #1

So, you've heard the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Yeah, well, that's not really a statement I like to follow. I am constantly drawn to books by their covers. Of course, if I read the summary and it doesn't sound interesting, I may pass it by. Still, the cover is what draws me in.

This is going to be a place where I share covers that I find beautiful, intriguing, enthralling, captivating, etc. (You get the point).

So for my first post, I thought I would share one that is soon to be released:

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


Isn't this just gorgeous?!

For those of you who don't know what Starcrossed is, here is a summary:

How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.
The story sounds wonderful, but I hope that the content can compete with the beauty of the cover. 

For those of you who want to read the first 100 pages, I posted a link previously that you can find by clicking here

Let me hear your thoughts. What do you think of this cover? Of this book?

Can you think of a beautiful cover that you would like featured in my next post?

Share you thoughts here :)

Happy Reading!



1 comment:

  1. I agree - I know they say never judge a book by its cover, but there's no way NOT to with all the stunning artwork floating around.

    This book, Die For Me, Entwined, Tempest Rising, The Goddess Test, and Blood Magic are some of my current faves.

    ReplyDelete